Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Starkville Bound

So, we've spent our first week in Starkville or Boardville as my girls call it and I must say that everything has gone better than expected. I really think this is what I needed, to be with just my girls with no one else around. It's very nice to have my mom and grandmother there with me, but I don't think it's a good thing for my girls to have that much authority around them. Don't get me wrong they still have been fighting some, still have been defiant some, but all in all I feel like they have respected what I've had to tell them, well at least Hannah has. So far we have gotten them a pool to put in the back yard, but it's had to be drained and redone. Gone to a public pool for an afternoon of swimming. Played games, which is something I didn't do much before. Ate dinner every night at the table as a family. Watched TV at night as a family. Slept in till 9:30 almost every morning, that's been the best part. We have had one set back. Hannah came down with some kind of viral infection and has been sick for two days. She began started complaining about her legs hurting late one afternoon, then by the next morning she said her throat began hurting. That afternoon she had fever of 102 and was in bed the rest of the day. I think it's just a short lived virus because she is already acting like herself again, but we'll see when the ibuprofen wears off. That's pretty much been our first week. We'll be going home this weekend to spend some time with my Aunt who is visiting from MN then back at it again Sunday night. Hopefully the rest of the summer goes just as smoothly.

No comments: