Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our weekend trip to MN

This past weekend My mom, Grandmother, Hannah, Tristen and I went to MN for a baby shower for my cousin's wife. She had already had the baby so we got to see him. We had a blast.

Being from TN my girls don't get to see that much snow, not that there was a lot of snow in MN this time of year, but there was some big piles of dirty snow, or should I say ice because it had rained and frozen over again, that my girls loved climbing on.






Since we were up there we took advantage of every possible thing that time would permit us to do. On Saturday we went to see my Gramma, my dad's mom. We ate lunch with her then my girls and I stayed with her while my mom went to help my aunt with shower plans. We decided to drive around the town. It is amazing what you remember. I moved down to TN when I was in 4th grade, but I can remember living there like it was yesterday. We drove past my old house where I grew up and saw both the trees that my parents had planted for both my brother and I when we were born.

Here is the house I grew up in.


After seeing my old house, we went to Lake Minnatonka and saw all the cars and ice fishing houses that were still out on the lake. My daughters and I even got out and took a walk on the lake so they could see what it was like to walk on ice. Here are a few photos.



The weekend was almost over, but we still had not had what we came for. The shower took place on Sunday. We had a great time there also. It was just my cousins family from both his mom's and dad's side that were at the shower, so I got to see some people I have not seen in a long time, but knew almost everyone there. My cousin dropped his wife and new son off at the shower and while he was there I told him I wanted a pic of him and his son with me and my daughters. Here it is. I know, it looks like a family pic, but it is my cousin with me.

The weekend came to an end. I was sad to leave everybody. I am such a family person and wish that my whole family lived close by each other. I never seem to realize it until I am around everyone and see all the fun that we have together. One last exciting thing happened for my daughters before we left. We boarded the plane in MN and the capt asked them if they wanted to see the cock pit. Of course we would not turn that opportunity down, so here is a pic of them "flying" the airplane.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hannah looks right at home! Looks like yall had a great trip!